Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz. (220g) medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or more, to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 6 oz. fresh spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. (220g) penne pasta or spaghetti
- 2 Tablespoons high quality olive oil, optional
- Add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet, on medium-low heat.
- Add shrimp, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, and salt in the skillet, and cook on medium heat until shrimp is grilled cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add chopped tomatoes, chopped fresh basil leaves, fresh spinach, and chopped garlic.
- Cook on medium heat about 3-5 minutes until spinach wilts just a little and tomatoes release some of their juice.
- Remove from heat and adjust seasoning, if needed. Cover with a lid and keep off heat.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, until al dente.
- Drain pasta and add to the skillet with the tomatoes and spinach.
- Reheat on low heat, mix everything well, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Once pasta and veggies are off heat, add grilled shrimp back and drizzle with good quality olive oil just before serving.